Contact InfoFeedback | Sitemap 
Search
  Home | About Us | Services | E-services | Publications | Downloads | News & Events | Careers | Useful Links  

RSS Feed Print
Anak Luar Nikah (Submitted by Anonymous)
I ASK Forum Updater
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:42 AM

Salam to all.

I'm curious about 'anak luar nikah", means that you are pregenant before getting married. And thus i want to know more about this issues, such as what are the rights of the mother or father against the child as i heard that some said the even if the father is his  real father still he is considered as a step father.. and so on.. i hope to get more advice on this issue.

Thank you.

I ASK Forum Updater
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:26 AM

Responded by Moderator Bobb

In the name of Allah Most Compassionate and Merciful,

First and foremost should something as unfortunate as having a child out of wedlock happens, we should know that the child is an innocent soul which shoud always be treated with love and care.

Now regarding the relationship between the biological father and the child...In principle, should the biological father marry the mother of the child and later consumate the marriage, he then becomes the stepfather and is not allowed to be the walif or the child if it is a girl when she wants to marry later on.

The biological father is also not allowed to also name the child after him for example to carry the "bin" or "bte" in his name.

Anonymous
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2008 8:11 AM
I am Curious too.. can you provide the dalil please. From quran or hadith, and if hadith please state the narator so i can check the isnad. Thanks