Media Statement - Passing of Ustaz Mohd Abdul Halim
01 July 2017
- The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis) is saddened by the passing of Ustaz Md Abdul Halim bin Mohd Noor, Principal (Mudir) of Madrasah Wak Tanjong Al-Islamiah, one of the six full-time Madrasahs in Singapore.
- The late Ustaz Abdul Halim had led MWTI since 2012, when his father, the Madrasah's principal and founder, Ustaz Muhamad Noor Taib, passed away.
- Ustaz Abdul Halim was a committed, determined and passionate Mudir who had continued the commendable progress made by the Madrasah in providing holistic education for its students.
- MWTI’s alumni have served in various sectors, including Muis and PERGAS, as asatizah and active contributors to the community.
- Muis would like to express our heartfelt condolences to the family of Ustaz Abdul Halim for their loss. May Allah s.w.t. shower His choicest blessings for all his great deeds and contributions in the field of Islamic education and in nurturing asatizah, professionals and active citizens who contribute towards the well-being of both the community and nation.
- Muis will work with the Madrasah to support staff, teachers and students so as to strengthen the quality of education and continue its legacy.
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA
Media Statement - Passing of Ustaz Mohd Abdul Halim (PDF, 73.9KB)
Last updated on 21/3/2018