In Phase 2 Safe Transition, Muis will continue to provide certain essential services (Emergency Zakat Financial Assistance, Zakat, Fidyah and Kaffarah enquiries and payment, Appeal Board - Filing of notice, petition and record of appeal and payment) at its counters. For other services, kindly visit https://www.muis.gov.sg/Contact-Info
SUPPLY OF LIVESTOCK FOR KORBAN 2018
The Singapore Mosques Korban Committee (JKMS) is happy to announce that a total of 3,700 livestock will be offered for Korban this year from Australia. The community will also be able to perform Korban at 26 mosques this year.
Registration for Korban
1. Registration for Korban 2018 opens on Tuesday, 3 July 2018 and will close on Wednesday 8 August 2018, subject to availability on a first-come first-serve basis. Members of the public who wish to perform Korban can register their intent and submit their particulars at the 26 listed mosques for orders of livestock. Hardcopy forms are available at all 26 mosques from Tuesday, 3 July 2018. Forms can also be downloaded from http://bigfootgroups.com/korban2018
2. There is no change in price for this year’s Korban. The price of each Australian sheep supplied by the Approved Korban Vendor (AKV) is set at $485.00.
Animal Welfare and Public Health Standards
3. JKMS continues to work with the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) to explore the most suitable sources that meet the highest criteria of Singapore’s food safety, animal health and veterinary public health standards.
4. Big Foot Logistic Pte Ltd is the the Approved Korban Vendor (AKV) for this year’s Korban and will import livestock from AVA-approved sources from Australia.
5. Korban using Australian sheep will be conducted at all mosques that meet the requirements of Australia’s Exporter Supply Chain Assurance System (ESCAS) regulatory framework. All Korban centres will adopt the same standard operating procedures for Korban operations, which includes transporting, handling and slaughtering of livestock.
JAWATANKUASA KORBAN MASJID-MASJID DI SINGAPURA (JKMS)
SINGAPORE MOSQUES KORBAN COMMITTEE
 Big Foot Logistic Pte Ltd was appointed the Approved Korban Vendor (AKV) for 2 years (2017 & 2018) under a tender system
 In addition to the 26 mosques, 2 Malay/Muslim Organisations will continue to offer Australian sheep this year.
 ESCAS is a regulatory framework implemented by the Australian Government in 2012 to ensure that livestock exported from Australia to different countries are treated in accordance to the World Organisation for Animal Health’s (OIE) internationally accepted animal welfare standards. To comply, the Australian exporter must provide a report from an independent and internationally accredited auditor to certify that livestock to be exported meet the standards required from the farm to the point of slaughter.