1. The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis) has appointed five individual travel agents and seven lead consortium travel agents as General Sales Agents (GSAs) to offer haj packages for 2018 (1439H). The list of all appointed individual and consortium GSAs is reflected in Annex A.
2. Prospective Singaporean pilgrims may choose from a total of 30 Haj packages. 10 of these are short-trip packages with duration of stay ranging from 13 to 22 days. 18 of these are intermediate-trip packages with duration of stay between 24 to 31 days. The remaining two packages are long-trip packages with duration of stay ranging from 32 to 35 days. Please refer to Annex B for details of all haj packages.
3. A typical average Haj package price is around $11,500 (double occupancy) and the lowest package price is $6,995 (quad occupancy). All package prices quoted include Emergency Medical Assistance (EMA) but exclude airfare and prevailing taxes.
4. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has imposed a 5% Value Added Tax (VAT) on all goods and services in Saudi Arabia with effect from 1 January 2018 and this tax has been included in the Haj packages for 2018. Despite the tax, all prices remain stable and competitive.
5. Muis is in the process of notifying successful pilgrims whose registration number falls within the official quota (800) to choose their preferred Haj package.
6. Muis advise prospective pilgrims to evaluate carefully before deciding on their preferred Haj packages, based on individual needs and affordability. Prospective pilgrims are strongly advised not to make any payments to the approved GSAs yet, until they receive the Haj Package Selection Letter from Muis.
7. Pilgrims are also advised to read and understand the contents of the Haj Package Purchase Contract. GSAs have been requested to explain in full details to prospective pilgrims before confirming and signing each contract.
8. Information on the authorised travel agents and approved Haj packages for 2018 (1439H) can be found at www.muis.gov.sg.