In line with the advisory by the Ministry of Health on Elevated Safe Distancing Measures, from 7 April to 1 June 2020, Muis will only operate certain essential services at its counters. We are experiencing high volume of calls at this moment. You may expect a longer waiting time. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com. Thank you.
ZAKAT FITRAH RATES FOR RAMADAN 2019 / 1440H
1. The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis) wishes to announce that the Zakat Fitrah rates for Ramadan 2019 / 1440H is S$5.30 (normal rate) and S$7.00 (higher rate) per head.
2. Zakat Fitrah is an obligatory contribution by all Muslims during the month of Ramadan. The Zakat Fitrah rate is determined by the Muis Zakat and Fitrah Committee, by using staple food of the country that the person resides in. As rice is the staple food here, the rates are based on the median price of 2.3kg of the grade of rice that is generally consumed by the Muslim community.
3. Muis introduced a two-tier Zakat Fitrah rate since 2005 to facilitate zakat payers who may wish to pay more than the normal rate (Muslims who consume a higher grade of rice). Zakat payers may choose the rate that is most suitable based on their daily consumption.
4. Zakat Fitrah must be paid during the month of Ramadan but no later than the morning of Eidulfitri (before the commencement of the special Eidulfitri prayer). However, the Muslim public is advised to pay early. Various methods to pay zakat fitrah in Singapore are as follows:
• Cash / cheques / NETS at all mosques, authorised Muslim organisations and at the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore
• NETS / NETS Quick Response (QR) code payments at 47 full-time Zakat Collection Centres at mosques and M3@WGS office at Wisma Geylang Serai
• AXS stations
• Fitrah Telepoll 1900-112-3530 (for S$5.30/person) / 1900-112-3700 (for S$7.00/person)
Closing date & time: 5 June 2019 before 7.00 am (Each call is for the fitrah contribution of one person only & administration charge of $0.20 per call applies)
• Muis Zakat - www.muis.gov.sg/zakat
• CIMB Clicks - www.cimbclicks.com.sg
5. We urge Muslims fulfilling their Zakat Fitrah payment to present their NRIC or other personal identification documents to the authorised Zakat personnel (Amils) when making payment, to be included for tax deduction.
6. For more information please contact Muis at 6359 1199 (Hotline).
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA