Media Statement - Korban Livestock for 2017
- The Singapore Mosques Korban Committee (JKMS) is happy to announce that a total of 3,700 livestock will be offered for Korban this year from Australia. The community will also be able to perform Korban at 25 mosques this year.
Registration for Korban
- Registration for Korban 2017 opens on Tuesday, 11 July 2017 and will close 15 Aug 2017, subject to availability on a first-come first-serve basis. Members of the public who wish to perform Korban can register their intent and submit their particulars at the 25 listed mosques (see Annex A) for orders of livestock. Hardcopy forms are available at all 25 mosques from Tuesday, 11 July 2017. Forms can also be downloaded from www.bigfoot-groups.com/korban2017
- The price of each sheep supplied by the Approved Korban Vendor (AKV) for 2017 for each Australian sheep is set at $485.00, which is $5.00 less than the price in 2016.
Animal Welfare and Public Health Standards
- JKMS continues to work with the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) to explore the most suitable sources that meet the highest criteria of Singapore’s food safety, animal health and veterinary public health standards.
- This year Big Foot Logistic Pte Ltd as the Approved Korban Vendor (AKV) will import from AVA-approved sources from Australia. JKMS decided that this was the most cost effective and best possible option for Korban 2017.
- Korban using Australian sheep will be conducted at all mosques1 that meet the requirements of Australia’s Exporter Supply Chain Assurance System (ESCAS)2 regulatory framework. All Korban centres will adopt the same standard operating procedures for Korban operations, which includes transporting, handling and slaughtering of livestock.
JAWATANKUASA KORBAN MASJID-MASJID DI SINGAPURA (JKMS)
SINGAPORE MOSQUES KORBAN COMMITTEE
Media Statement - Korban Livestock for 2017 (PDF, 200KB)
Last updated on 16/7/2019