17 May 2021
1. In line with the advisory by the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education on tighter measures to minimise spread of COVID-19, full-time madrasahs, part-time aLIVE (Learning Islamic Values Everyday) classes at mosques and religious classes offered by Islamic Education Centres and Providers (IECPs) will shift to Home-Based Learning beginning 19 May 2021.
2. During the full Home-Based Learning period, madrasahs will provide instructions to students and parents on accessing the home-based learning materials. Assistance will be given to students who do not have access to digital devices when the learning requires it.
3. Madrasahs will remain open for a small group of students whose parents are not able to make alternative childcare arrangements, especially for parents who are working in essential services. Parents may approach the children's madrasah for assistance.
aLIVE Part-Time Madrasah Classes
4. Since the announcement of Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) on 8th May 2021, aLIVE classes at mosques have been replaced with home-based learning. Parents and students have been accessing learning materials such as powerpoint slides, activity handbooks, videos and weekly online quizzes from the aLIVE Home-Based Learning Package (aHBL). aLIVE teachers also conduct live sessions with their students and call up students to check on their Quranic learning and general progress.
5. Parents can also access The Kids aLIVE Home Edition package to guide their young children on Islamic learning in the comfort of their homes. The kit is available for free on www.muis.gov.sg/ie/Programmes/Kids/Kids-aLIVE-Home-Edition
6. Islamic Learning for adults via the ADIL programme has also shifted online. Content for current and upcoming classes in Malay and English have been made available on ADIL Facebook page.
Islamic Education Centres and Providers
7. Islamic Education Centres and Providers must shift all learning programmes to online modes during the heightened alert period. This move is strongly recommended to minimise the risk of intermingling between learners from different classes or programmes.
8. IECPs are to conduct classes online until end of Phase 2 Heightened Alert, or until further notice is given. Centres which are unable to shift to online learning will need to suspend their programmes.
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA