In Phase 3, Muis will continue to provide certain essential services (Emergency Zakat Financial Assistance, Zakat, Fidyah and Kaffarah enquiries and payment, Appeal Board - Filing of notice, petition and record of appeal and payment) at its counters. For other services, kindly visit https://www.muis.gov.sg/Contact-Info
1. In response to media queries, Muis confirmed that between 1 p.m. to 1.30 p.m. today (8.30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Saudi time), a bus carrying 31 passengers performing the minor pilgrimage (umrah) met with an accident while travelling in Makkah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
2. Muis understands that the passengers are pilgrims managed by local travel agency, Abu Bakar Travel Services Private Limited. Most of the passengers are believed to be Singaporeans.
3. So far, Muis understands that one Singaporean was killed and a number of passengers were injured. The injured have been sent to hospitals in Makkah to receive medical attention.
4. Muis is working with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to render assistance to those affected. Our Consul-General in Jeddah has visited the injured at the King Faisal Hospital, and the Singapore Consulate in Jeddah will continue to provide the necessary support to the injured and their families, as well as to the deceased and his next of kin.
5. Muis would like to express our deepest sympathies to all the pilgrims affected in the accident and is reaching out to their next of kin to provide the necessary support.