26 May 17 Media Statement - Zakat Fitrah Rates for Ramadan 2017 1438H
26 May 2017
- The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore wishes to announce that the Zakat Fitrah rates for Ramadan 2017 / 1438H is S$5.10 (normal rate) and S$7.00 (higher rate) per head.
- Zakat Fitrah is a ‘head tax’ payable by all Muslims during the month of Ramadan. The Zakat Fitrah rate is determined by the Muis Zakat and Fitrah Committee, by using the median price of 2.3kg of the grade of rice that is generally consumed by the Muslim community.
- Muis introduced a two-tier Zakat Fitrah rate since 2005 to facilitate zakat payers who may wish to pay more than the normal rate (Muslims who consume a higher grade of rice). Zakat payers may choose the rate that is most suitable based on their daily consumption.
- Zakat Fitrah must be paid during the month of Ramadan but no later than the morning of Eidul Fitri (before the commencement of the special Eidul Fitri prayer). However, the Muslim public is advised to pay early. Various methods to pay zakat fitrah in Singapore are as follows:
• Cash / cheques / NETS at all mosques, authorised Muslim organisations and at the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore
• AXS stations (from 27 May 2017)
• Fitrah Telepoll 1900-112-3510 (for S$5.10/person) /
1900-112-3700 (for S$7.00/person)
Closing date & time: 25 June 2017 before 7.00 am
(Each call is for the fitrah contribution of one person only & administration charge of $0.20 per call applies)
Online payment & ATM
• Muis Zakat - www.zakat.sg
• CIMB Clicks - www.cimbclicks.com.sg
- We urge Muslims fulfilling their Zakat Fitrah payment to present their NRIC or other personal identification documents to the authorised Zakat personnel (Amils) when making payment, to be included for tax deduction.
- For more information please contact Muis at 6359 1199.
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA
Media Statement - Zakat Fitrah Rates for Ramadan 2017 1438H (PDF, 120KB)
Last updated on 21/3/2018