In line with the advisory by the Ministry of Health on Elevated Safe Distancing Measures, from 7 April to 1 June 2020, Muis will only operate certain essential services at its counters. We are experiencing high volume of calls at this moment. You may expect a longer waiting time. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
27 NOVEMBER 2019
IN TIMES OF EMERGENCY, EVERY SECOND COUNTS
1. The Singapore Islamic Hub and Masjid Sultan were the venues for two separate counter-terrorism exercises on 24 and 27 November, respectively. These exercises, involving simulated terror attacks at places of worship, were conducted to validate the contingency plans and emergency preparedness of religious institutions in Singapore.
2. Masjid Sultan, Singapore Police Force (SPF), and Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), jointly organised the exercise on 24 November.
3. Masjid Muhajirin, Muis and the SPF jointly organised the exercise on 27 November.
4. Due care was taken to respect and maintain the sanctity of the mosque prayer halls, while ensuring that the exercises were carried out as close as possible to real scenarios. Measures were also planned and taken to maintain the condition and cleanliness of the prayer halls after the completion of the exercises.
5. As part of the SGSecure framework, religious organisations have been reviewing safety, security and emergency preparedness in places of worship islandwide, as part of the national initiative to better prepare Singapore for a terror attack. We all have a part to play to safeguard Singapore and our way of life.
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA