With effect from 15 May 2021, Muis will be making changes to our counter operating hours. For more information, visit https://www.muis.gov.sg/Contact-Info
29 April 2021
Congregants Urged To Abide By Safety Precautionary Measures
1. In the past two days, Muis has been notified of visits by COVID-19 positive individuals to six mosques. Accordingly, the mosques have been closed for deep cleaning and disinfection before resumption of services on Friday 30 Apr 2021. These individuals were asymptomatic and had not shown any signs or symptoms upon their entry into our mosques.
2. Our mosques already practise a comprehensive regime of cleaning and disinfection after every congregational prayer service every day. In addition, the temporary closure of mosques for deep cleaning is also an important precautionary measure, especially with the development of new strains of the COVID-19 virus.
3. These episodes are a reminder on the need to be vigilant to the spread of COVID-19, especially with the higher number of congregants at mosques during Ramadan, and the importance of TraceTogether to support the contact tracing efforts.
4. Our mosques will be stepping up vigilance, in terms of safe management as well as disinfection, in view of the increased intensity of activities during Ramadan. Our Ramadan Service Ambassadors and mosque staff and volunteers manning entry points will step up safe management procedures and remind congregants to minimise movement within the mosque. Mosques will also increase the cleaning regimen around prayer zones after each prayer session.
5. Muis will continue to monitor and will make the necessary adjustments to mosque activities and safe management measures, should the situation require.
6. To ensure a safer mosque experience for all, Muis would like to remind congregants to heed the following safety measures:
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA
 Masjid Petempatan Melayu Sembawang, Masjid Abdul Hamid Kampung Pasiran, Masjid Hajjah Fatimah, Masjid Al-Falah, Masjid Yusof Ishak and Masjid Al-Iman