12 April 2021
1. The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis) wishes to announce that the Zakat Fitrah rates for Ramadan 2021/1442H is S$5.10 (normal rate) and S$7.50 (higher rate) per head.
2. Zakat Fitrah is an obligatory contribution by all Muslims during the month of Ramadan. The Zakat Fitrah rate is determined by the Muis Zakat and Fitrah Committee, by using staple food of the country that the person resides in. As rice is the staple food here, the rates are based on the median price of 2.3kg of the grade of rice that is generally consumed by the Muslim community.
3. Muis introduced a two-tier Zakat Fitrah rate since 2005 to facilitate zakat payers who may wish to pay more than the normal rate (Muslims who consume a higher grade of rice). Zakat payers may choose the rate that is most suitable based on their daily consumption.
4. Zakat Fitrah must be paid during the month of Ramadan but no later than the morning of Aidilfitri. However, the Muslim public is advised to pay early ahead of celebrations.
New One-Stop Zakat Portal
5. The Muslim community is highly encouraged to continue fulfilling their Zakat obligations digitally via online methods. Muis has recently enhanced the Zakat portal (www.zakat.sg) to allow the public greater convenience in fulfilling their Zakat via various payment methods and navigating information on Zakat. Some of the new features include:
a) Payment via PayNow, debit card, and eNETS
b) Integration of Zakat calculators with payment cart for seamless payment journey
c) Automatic receipting system
d) Individual user accounts
e) Virtual amil
6. Other methods to pay Zakat Fitrah and Zakat Harta in Singapore are as follows:
a) AXS stations islandwide (using ATM card)
b) DBS/POSB internet banking at https://internet-banking.dbs.com.sg and mobile app c) DBS/POSB ATM transfer d) CIMB Clicks at https://www.cimbclicks.com.sg
e) Cash/NETS at Muis and selected mosques (by appointment only. List of mosques can be found at www.zakat.sg)
f) Cheque made payable to Muis)
7. For more information please contact Muis at 6359 1199 (Hotline).
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA