Muslims can register with mosques to perform annual Korban in Australia
8 June 2021
1. A total of 51 mosques1 in Singapore will offer their services to facilitate Korban 1442H/2021 for Muslims who wish to perform the annual ritual during Hari Raya Aidiladha. No livestock will be imported into Singapore. Instead, mosques are facilitating arrangements for the ritual to be performed in Australia, with the meat to be chilled and subsequently transported to Singapore. Mosques are partnering individual suppliers licensed by the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) to import meat products.
Registration and Pricing for Korban
2. Registration for Korban 1442H/2021 opens on Tuesday, 8 June 2021 and will close on Tuesday, 13 July 2021, subject to availability on a first-come first-served basis. Individuals who wish to perform Korban can register directly with any one of the listed mosques. Each mosque will offer up to 120 sheep.
3. Registrations and transactions are to be done online. You may also contact individual mosques directly for registration details. Walk-in registrations are available but strictly on an appointment basis only, to comply with mosque's safe management procedures.
4. This year, each sheep will be priced between $320 - $370. Payments are to be made directly to each mosque.
5. Those who successfully registered will receive their chilled and pre-packed meat after the tashrik days2, beginning 24 July 2021.
Distribution and Safety Measures
6. Mosques and appointed vendors participating in this year's modified Korban, must comply with the food safety requirements of SFA for the importation, storage and distribution of meat products. Standard operating procedures will be adopted, observing high hygiene standards, staggering distribution and collection slots, strictly following prevailing national safety measures and guidelines.
7. A portion of the meat will also be distributed to Muis' Zakat beneficiaries. For distribution to the poor and needy, mosques will facilitate contactless deliveries to minimise contact.
Korban 1442H/2021 Theme: 'Radiating the Spirit of Caring and Kindness'
8. The theme of Korban 2021 will be "Radiating the Spirit of Caring and Kindness". The modified Korban ritual following the success in 2020 will continue to be conducted in a safe manner. Korban itself is the act of compassionate giving by sharing Korban meat with the less fortunate especially in view of the current economic challenges.
9. Therefore, Korban 2021 will feature a more extended distribution period (from Hari Raya Haji to mid-August) to keep the Korban spirit alive and to connect with families affected economically by the Covid-19 pandemic. To achieve this, JKMS will mobilise mosque befrienders and volunteers to distribute Korban meat strictly following safe management guidelines, reducing likelihoods of contact from interactions.
10. Full online listing of moques offering modified Korban in 2021 can be accessed from go.gov.sg/korban2021.
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA
 9 more mosques participating in Korban 2021 than 2020.
 The tashrik days are 11, 12 and 13 Zulhijjah, the 3 days after Aidiladha or Hari Raya Haji.