10 February 2023
1. The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis) is issuing Letters of Offer to 900 prospective pilgrims for Haj 2023 (1444H). All selected pilgrims will be notified via SMS and email to check their Letter of Offer (LOO) via the MyHajSG portal. To confirm their place for Haj 2023 (1444H), pilgrims must purchase their Haj package from a travel agent authorised by Muis, as well as procedural requirements set out in the MyHajSG portal by 26 Feb 2023.
2. Muis has appointed 13 travel agents to provide Haj-related services to all allocated pilgrims for Haj 2023 (1444H). Pilgrims can view the information on the authorised travel agents and approved Haj packages for 2023 (1444H) at go.gov.sg/haj2023packages.
3. For Haj 2023 (1444H), prospective pilgrims may choose from a total of 30 approved Haj packages. 15 are short-duration packages with a period of stay between 15 to 23 days. The remaining 15 packages are long-duration packages with a period of stay between 24 to 30 days.
4. On average, the Haj package price has increased by $1,500.00 as compared to prior years, mainly due to the higher government taxes and accommodation costs.
5. The lowest package price for Haj 2023 (1444H) is $8,490 (quad occupancy), whereas the typical average package price for Haj 2023 (1444H) is around $14,150 (double occupancy). All Haj package prices quoted do not include Emergency Medical Assistance (EMA) and Airfare. Pilgrims are encouraged to purchase additional travel insurance to supplement the insurance coverage provided by the EMA.
6. Muis advises pilgrims to evaluate the approved Haj Packages carefully based on individual needs and affordability before deciding on their preferred Haj packages. Pilgrims are also advised to read and understand the contents of the Haj Package Purchase Contract (HPPC), in particularly the ‘payment schedule’ before signing it. Authorised travel agents have also been advised to explain the full details of the contract to their prospective pilgrims.
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA