6 January 2024
1. Minister for Social and Family Development, Second Minister for Health and Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs, Mr Masagos Zulkifli will be in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for an official visit from 7 – 11 January 2024.
2. In Jeddah, Minister will lead Singapore’s delegation at the annual Hajj and Umrah Exhibition and Conference organised by Saudi’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah. Minister will meet Saudi’s Minister of Hajj and Umrah, His Excellency Dr. Tawfiq bin Fawzan Al Rabiah to discuss matters related to the upcoming Haj season which is scheduled to take place in June 2024. Both Ministers are expected to sign the Haj agreement which will indicate the Haj quota allocation to Singapore for 2024.
3. In Riyadh, Minister will lead a business delegation comprising members of the Singapore Malay Chambers of Commerce and Industry (SMCCI) to explore business opportunities in KSA and the region. This follows the significant signing of the inaugural Halal Memorandum of Understanding by Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis) and Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) in October 2023 during PM’s official visit to KSA.
4. In Madinah, Minister will take the opportunity to engage Singaporean students who are pursuing tertiary education in KSA including from the University of Madinah.
5. Minister will be accompanied by Chief Executive of Muis, Mr Kadir Maideen, and other officials.
MAJLIS UGAMA ISLAM SINGAPURA