There will be a scheduled maintenance on 21 March 2020, 1pm to 22 March 2020, 6pm and 28 March 2020, 1pm to 29 March 2020, 6pm. During these periods, Muis eServices will be temporarily unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (Muis) introduced the Singapore Muis Halal Quality Management System (HalMQ), a set of systems-based Halal requirements that is benchmarked against international known standards such as ISO and HACCP, starting 1 March 2008.
HalMQ has since been made compulsory for compliance by all Muis Halal applicants/certificates holders effective 1 January 2010 to achieve these objectives:
1) Enhance Halal compliance through a more structured and systematic approach
2) Increase competitive advantage of certified companies
3) Further increase credibility of Singapore Halal certification
4) Meet rising expectation of Muslim consumers
5) Widen international recognition of Singapore Halal certification
For more information on HalMQ, you may:
1) Purchase the Singapore Muis Halal Standards for a detailed explanation on the principles of HalMQ
2) Enrol for the Muis Halal training programme
3) Read the brochure (PDF, 2.8MB) on HalMQ
4) Sign up for our HalMQ workshop series