In line with the advisory by the Ministry of Health on Elevated Safe Distancing Measures, from 7 April to 1 June 2020, Muis will only operate certain essential services at its counters. We are experiencing high volume of calls at this moment. You may expect a longer waiting time. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com. Thank you.
The Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (Muis) introduced the Singapore Muis Halal Quality Management System (HalMQ), a set of systems-based Halal requirements that is benchmarked against international known standards such as ISO and HACCP, starting 1 March 2008.
HalMQ has since been made compulsory for compliance by all Muis Halal applicants/certificates holders effective 1 January 2010 to achieve these objectives:
1) Enhance Halal compliance through a more structured and systematic approach
2) Increase competitive advantage of certified companies
3) Further increase credibility of Singapore Halal certification
4) Meet rising expectation of Muslim consumers
5) Widen international recognition of Singapore Halal certification
For more information on HalMQ, you may:
1) Purchase the Singapore Muis Halal Standards for a detailed explanation on the principles of HalMQ
2) Enrol for the Muis Halal training programme
3) Read the brochure (PDF, 2.8MB) on HalMQ
4) Sign up for our HalMQ workshop series